"CHOOSING A DOG HOUSE"
Dog houses come in many styles, materials and shapes. You can get outdoor houses and indoor houses.
You can find them on the internet, in a pet store or discount stores.
You need to consider some things before you go out an purchase one however.
- Design - be sure it has a vent.
- Size - Big enough for your dog, he needs an entrance that's big enough, able to turn around and lie down flat
- Location - Where are you going to put the dog house?
- Consider climate conditions
- Consider what kind of bedding he will need, It should be washable and insulated.
Here's how to decide what size you will need.
- Measure your dog from the ground to the top of his shoulders. The door height should be at least 75%
of this figure.
- Measure your dog from his nose to flank. The dog house shouldn't be shorter than that but not more than
- Measure your dog from the ground to the top of his head. The dog house should be this high at the top
of the roof. However, it shouldn't be more than 50% higher.
Of course, if you buy a dog house at a pet store or even on the internet they should be able to help you.
If you don't need a dog house but a way for your dog to get outside on his own maybe you need a
Leave Dog Houses and go to home page.